[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Alias Vaporization on the way to RAD

chris@contex.UUCP (Chris Anderson) (10/21/89)

Has anyone had the problem that following the 1.3 doc procedures for
making workbench diskcopy itself to RAD: seems to work, but then
any shells that get started forget how to do ALIAS commands?

What could I be doing wrong? I think I followed the instructions in
the little white book perfectly.

TIA,

Chris Anderson            (contex!chris@uunet.uu.net)
Xyvision, Inc.
Wakefield, MA

jms@doctor.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (10/26/89)

In article <453@contex.UUCP> chris@contex.UUCP (Chris Anderson) writes:
>Has anyone had the problem that following the 1.3 doc procedures for
>making workbench diskcopy itself to RAD: seems to work, but then
>any shells that get started forget how to do ALIAS commands?

It worked for me.  I have all the aliases in s:shell-startup and do an
"assign s: rad:s" after the diskcopy.  I can't say what you are doing
wrong without seeing a copy of your startup-sequence files.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms