[comp.sys.amiga.tech] TxEd and ARP1.3

mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey) (10/19/89)

I just installed Workbench 1.3 and ARP1.3 (I know...I've been busy etc.).

Everything is OK except that TxEd seems broken.  I can't print the clipboard
or invoke "More TxEd" to start another editor.

Anyone out there in net-land know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance.  Please e-mail me info.

--
Mark Bailey                                 (I didn't really say this.)
via:  ...!uunet!pyrdc!isi!mark              ------Have a  8-|  day!!!!!

mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey) (10/30/89)

I just installed ARP1.3 and seem to have broken TxEd.

Doing a save from TxEd to either RAD: or DF0: is corrupting the disk
directory structure.

Is this a known problem?  Is there a workaround (other than not using
ARP1.3 and TxEd together :-(  )?

I vaguely recall some discussions about ARP1.3 and TxEd several months
back.  However, I thought they dealt only with printing from the clipboard.

Any information would be appreciated.  I only got one response to a similar
question posted Friday :-(.

Thank you for your patience.

--

mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey) (10/31/89)

In article <563@isi.UUCP>, mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey) writes:
> I just installed ARP1.3 and seem to have broken TxEd.
>
> Doing a save from TxEd to either RAD: or DF0: is corrupting the disk
> directory structure.
>
> Is this a known problem?  Is there a workaround (other than not using
> ARP1.3 and TxEd together :-(  )?

It has been called to my attention that I left out a very important detail...
I'm running TxEd V1.3.1 (NOT TxEd PLUS).

Thanks again to all.

--
Mark Bailey                                 (I didn't really say this.)
via:  ...!uunet!pyrdc!isi!mark              ------Have a  8-|  day!!!!!

blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) (10/31/89)

Follow-up To: comp.sys.amiga

From article <563@isi.UUCP>, by mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey):
> I just installed ARP1.3 and seem to have broken TxEd.
>
> Doing a save from TxEd to either RAD: or DF0: is corrupting the disk
> directory structure.

The only problem I had with ARP 1.3 and TxEd was that the print function
quit working. This has been discussed before, and the fix is to get the
current version of TxEd from Microsmiths. The upgrade was pretty cheap,
but you'll have to contact them for details, I've forgotten exactly how
much it was.

On the disk corruption, I can only say that TxEd has never given me any
problem there, so you might want to look for another culprit.

[Note that I've directed follow-ups to comp.sys.amiga.]

--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland    580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
Here: utah-cs!esunix!blgardne   {ucbvax,allegra,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!blgardne

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (11/02/89)

In article <563@isi.UUCP>, mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey) writes:

> Is this a known problem?  Is there a workaround (other than not using
> ARP1.3 and TxEd together :-(  )?

If this is TxEd Plus then ARP probably isn't the problem because TxEd Plus
uses the arp.library, if I remember correctly.

--
"Hot Damn! Groat Cakes Again  |  Michael Figg
Heavy on the thirty weight!"  |  DLA Systems Automation Center - Columbus,Oh