[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A2000 $C000... memory

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) (11/08/89)

Hi!

I have an A2000, Rev 6.2 motherboard (thus Fatter Agnus and 1MB MEMF_CHIP),
and a Supra2000 RAM board with 2meg in it.

My question:
Do I have to run FastMemFirst in startup-sequence?
If I remember correctly, the $C00000 memory was originally slow-fast RAM since
the original Agnus could only address the 1st 512K of the standard 1 meg.
The Fatter Agnu can address it all, giving 1 meg MEMF_CHIP.  However,
does the system still default to using $C00000 first, or does it know
enough to go to the true fast RAM?

--
Rich Carreiro - Most Biased Boston Celtics Fan!     Get well soon, Johnny Most!
ARPA: rlcarr@space.mit.edu                          Welcome back, Larry!

joe@cbmvax.UUCP (Joe O'Hara - QA) (11/08/89)

rlcarr@space.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) writes:
>I have an A2000, Rev 6.2 motherboard (thus Fatter Agnus and 1MB MEMF_CHIP),
>and a Supra2000 RAM board with 2meg in it.
>
>My question:
>Do I have to run FastMemFirst in startup-sequence?

No, you don't. $C00000 memory does not exist in your system; the onboard memory
is address-mapped to chip-accessible range.
  Joe O'Hara                ||  Comments represent my own opinions,
  Commodore Electronics Ltd ||  not my employers. Any similarity to
  Software QA               ||  to any other opinions, living or dead,