[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Decoding IFF

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (11/09/89)

In article <599@milton.acs.washington.edu> zeno@milton.acs.washington.edu (Sean Lamont) writes:
>Firstly, How do you decode an IFF picture into raw bitmap data?

All the info you need is on Fred Fish disk #185.

>My basic goal is to get a bitmap display without being able to move the
>screen, and without the ugly "close" gadget.

Check out display.c on that disk.  It includes a method of hiding the close
gadget and the screen-to-back gadget.  Check out the algorithms in that
program; it proves that you don't have to take over the entire View just
to get a full screen display.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms