[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Commodore Development Guidelines

2FHDDOWEL@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) (11/09/89)

In article <8423@cbmvax.UUCP>, mks@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael Sinz - CATS) writes:
> We are trying to discurage the use of CreateStdIO().  Since both of these
> are linker libraries, this is no real problem.  Also, CreateStdIO() will
> now just do a CreateExtIO() with sizeof(struct IOStdReq)

Where can one find out about these development policy decisions
Commodore makes?  I am a Certified Developer, have the White and Blue
RKMs, AutoDocs 1.2 & 1.3, etc. and STILL didn't know about this.

While on the subject, where can I get the User Interface guidelines
I hear Commodore is/has developing/ed?  (including new Scroll and a new
File Requester)

[A

dlarson@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (11/15/89)

In article <17328@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2FHDDOWEL@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) writes:
>In article <8423@cbmvax.UUCP>, mks@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael Sinz - CATS) writes:
>> We are trying to discurage the use of CreateStdIO().  Since both of these
>> are linker libraries, this is no real problem.  Also, CreateStdIO() will
>> now just do a CreateExtIO() with sizeof(struct IOStdReq)
>
>Where can one find out about these development policy decisions
>Commodore makes?  I am a Certified Developer, have the White and Blue
>RKMs, AutoDocs 1.2 & 1.3, etc. and STILL didn't know about this.

I was a Certified Developer for one or two years.  All I ever had to show
for it was Amiga Mail, A1000 schematics and invites to conferences way
out of my budget and geography.  That is why I quit paying Certified
Developer dues and that is why I am always asking dumn questions to the
net.

I had very seriously considered signing up as a developer again because I
had heard a lot about the guidelines and new docs and etc (and because I
thought I could get work to pay for it :-)  but it looks like things haven't
changed much.  I guess if you are a company and pay the $600 year dues you
get to see the guidelines and etc.

--
	    A lack of prior planning on the part of any programmer
		       always constitutes an emergency.

           Digital Teddy Bear      dlarson@blake.acs.washington.edu