[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Help! I'm loosing my memory!

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (11/15/89)

Could some benign old hand at C please list the commonest causes of a program
not returning all the allocated memory at exit?

I have a program that wastes an amount of memory proportional to its code
size(!). All the libraries are closed and allocated memory returned.
Thanks.
Alan

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (11/22/89)

In article <2962@wehi.dn.mu.oz> BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>Could some benign old hand at C please list the commonest causes of a program
>not returning all the allocated memory at exit?

Try using my memlib functions that were posted here some time ago - August, I
think?  They catch a lot of common memory errors.

  *****
 *|_o_o|\\     Doug Walker, Software Distiller
 *|. o.| ||
  | o  |//     "It is well to remember that evil is a pretty bad thing."
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker

TEETER@HUMBER.BITNET (Doug Teeter) (11/23/89)

In article <2962@wehi.dn.mu.oz> BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>Could some benign old hand at C please list the commonest causes of a program
>not returning all the allocated memory at exit?
                                           ~~~~
 Just a guess! When exiting are you doing exit() or Exit()?
 I seem to remember exiting via Exit() by mistake and having
 this occur.

...Doug Teeter          TEETER@HUMBER.BITNET
                        teeter@humvax.UUCP