[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Major Multimedia project announcement, help requested...

stefan@db5.CS.Concordia.CA (BUCHHOLZ) (11/07/89)

ANNOUNCEMENT: A very large multimedia project has just been announced for
		Concordia University, Montreal, CANADA.

	initial core: 9 3MB A2000HD's, 1 2500
			genlocks, digitizers (video/sound), etc

	I have been hired by the University to help realize this project.
Unfortunately, I have a full course load and may not be able to put as much
time into it as I would like.  The reason I am posting this here is to let
people know that lots of info/help may be requested from this end of the
world. Many part-timers will be hired, and much favorable publicity for
Commodore may result from this project. We may even be featured in AmigoTimes
;^). (joke).

	Specific details available upon request.

	I would like to make contacts with people who have done similar
projects.  This is large.

	I need recommendations for languages, and yes I do realize that Arexx
is perfect for the job.

	Lets hear it for Amy, she's makin' headwaves...

				Merci a tous!
*                                                                            *
*  My lady friend does lots of wonderful things for me, and all at once!!    *
*									     *
*                                             Stefan Buchholz		     *
*			        					     *
*									     *
*									     *
* 			Reply to ---->	   stefan@sunkisd.cs.concordia.ca    *

post@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (The Postman) (11/25/89)

In article <1541@clyde.Concordia.CA>, stefan@db5.CS.Concordia.CA (BUCHHOLZ) writes:
> ANNOUNCEMENT: A very large multimedia project has just been announced for
> 		Concordia University, Montreal, CANADA.
>
> 	initial core: 9 3MB A2000HD's, 1 2500
> 			genlocks, digitizers (video/sound), etc
>
> 	I have been hired by the University to help realize this project.
> 	I would like to make contacts with people who have done similar
>	projects.  This is large.
>
> 	Lets hear it for Amy, she's makin' headwaves...

    Well here in Calgary, S.A.I.T (Southern Alberta Instuitute of Technology) has
    just recieved several 8-9 (and more coming) Amiga 2500 for use in a Multi-Media
    lab.

    The person in charge of the lab is Dick Bourne.  I don't have his phone number
    or address at the moment, but I can get it for you if you like.  Dick is a very
    enthusastic person when it comes to Amiga (he should be now that he has this many :-)
    and I see it being very sucessful.

    I would like some more information on your project and I will pass it on to Dick
    and any other people here in Calgary (and our User's Group AMUC (<-- plug, plug))

> *  My lady friend does lots of wonderful things for me, and all at once!!    *
> *                                             Stefan Buchholz		     *

   Lenny Post
   Member/Executive of AMUC (The AMiga Users of Calgary)

   "Bach invented ROCK and ROLL" - Carlo Curly

This is a job for... Bill Barton's MIDI Library.
--
Peter "Have you hugged your wolf today" da Silva <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>
`-_-'

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (11/26/89)

In article <4604@sugar.hackercorp.com>, peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> This is a job for... Bill Barton's MIDI Library.

...and MIDI Time Code (MTC).

I have a MIDI Time Code reader module working with Bill's MIDI library.
It uses the Opcode Timecode Machine to convert SMPTE (24, 25, 30 or 30-drop)
to MTC...great for synchronizing multiple Amigas, and you would only need
one timecode machine, or none if the project didn't require syncing to an
external source.

Email for details.
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl	"Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect?  Now there's a
--			 frood who really knows where his towel is."  -- HGTTG