[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Amiga Linker Problem

davidh@ic.Berkeley.EDU (David S. Harrison) (11/26/89)

As a challenge, I am trying to get the public domain Sozobon compiler
to work on my Amiga through bootstrapping.  So far, I have fixed
a couple of simple bugs and managed to get both the compiler and
the A68k assembler to compile themselves on a Sun 3.  However, when
I download the object files for linking on the Amiga, I get a nasty
error message from alink:

Linker error: Invalid Object Module code 9
 - linking abandoned

According to the manual, this means "Invalid program unit relocation".
At first, I thought this might mean I made some sort of mistake
when I downloaded the object files.  I am using VT100 V2.6 kermit
transfer with image mode set.  Can someone clue me in on what
might be wrong?

			David Harrison
			UC Berkeley Electronics Research Lab
			(davidh@ic.Berkeley.EDU, ...!ucbvax!ucbcad!davidh)

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (11/27/89)

In article <19929@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> davidh@ic.Berkeley.EDU (David S. Harrison) writes:

>...  However, when
>I download the object files for linking on the Amiga, I get a nasty
>error message from alink:
>
>Linker error: Invalid Object Module code 9
> - linking abandoned

BLink added some object module format extensions that ALINK does not support.
I suggest you use BLink 6.7, which is freely redistributable and supports
the new hunk types.

  *****
 *|_o_o|\\     Doug Walker, Software Distiller
  | o  |//     "It is well to remember that evil is a pretty bad thing."
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker