[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Digiview on A1000

zupke@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Brian Zupke ) (11/23/89)

I have an A1000 system with Digiview and the Panasonic WV-1410 camera.  I have
a 12' cable connecting the camera to the Digiview.  The problem I'm
experiencing is vertical streaking of the pictures.  Is the length of my
cable the problem?  If not, does anyone know what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

--Brian

thomas@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/tty000) (11/26/89)

In article <2257@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> zupke@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Brian Zupke (JPL Amiga Club Pres.)) writes:

>I have an A1000 system with Digiview and the Panasonic WV-1410 camera.  I have
>a 12' cable connecting the camera to the Digiview.  The problem I'm
>experiencing is vertical streaking of the pictures.  Is the length of my
>cable the problem?  If not, does anyone know what may be wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>--Brian

I don't know a solution but I have a friend that is having a problem of getting a good digitize.  He has DigiView Gold and the image is always grainy.  Any
suggestions?  Also, if you can do it how do you get the darn thing to digitize
in HAM mode?

Thanks in Advance!

         ____
        / / /  Amiga 1000  | Thomas "Maverick" Schwarz  -  Sirius Software
       / / /  The  Machine |     Box 349 Caromar Dr.  Mars, PA  16046
____  / / /   That Made It |                (412) 443-8916
\ \ \/ / /      Possible!  |
 \ \/ / /          --      |UUCP: {allegra,cadre}!pitt!darth!floopy!maverick
  \/_/_/         First!    |  or: ...uunet!nfsun!eklektik!thomas

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (12/01/89)

In article <358@eklektik.UUCP> thomas@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/tty000) writes:
> I have a friend that is having a problem of getting a good digitize.
>He has DigiView Gold and the image is always grainy.  Any suggestions?

I borrowed a Panasonic WV-1410 camera from a local users group, and it
created excellent pictures.  But using the same DigiView converter on a
friends color camera, I get poor pictures.  Selecting "slow camera" in
the program helps, but not enough.  What kind of camera is your friend using?

>Also, if you can do it how do you get the darn thing to digitize
>in HAM mode?

It defaults defaults to HAM mode.  If either the "4096" or "4096+" buttons
are selected in the "adjust colors" screen, DigiView will display and save
the picture in HAM mode.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Net Tech Serv | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms