[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Different Architectures?

jea@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Joanne Albano) (12/08/89)

Can someone tell me if there is any validity
in the statement that the 1000 has a different
architecture than the 500/2000?

We found a program called Designasaurus that
was explicitly marked for the 500/2000 and wondered
to the sales rep of the store why was that. He replied
that the 1000 had a different architecture. Could someone
explain this since the program was a childs clip and paste, and draw
type program and involved no hardware.

 Joanne Albano, Center for Visual Science     (716) 275-3055
 Room 256 Meliora Hall, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester NY 14627
 UUCP: {rutgers,allegra,decvax}!rochester!ur-cvsvax!jea
 INTERNET: jea@snipe.cvs.rochester.edu

ccplumb@rose.waterloo.edu (Colin Plumb) (12/08/89)

In article <4413@ur-cc.UUCP> jea@cvs.rochester.edu (Joanne Albano) writes:
>Can someone tell me if there is any validity
>in the statement that the 1000 has a different
>architecture than the 500/2000?

Not that I know of, and numerous interviews with Jay Miner, who should
be an expert on the subject, say that there's no significant difference.
The A2000 has built-in slots and the A500 is cheaper, and both can use
the new chip sets, but nothing significant.  This is why I still have
my A1000.

>We found a program called Designasaurus that
>was explicitly marked for the 500/2000 and wondered
>to the sales rep of the store why was that. He replied
>that the 1000 had a different architecture. Could someone
>explain this since the program was a childs clip and paste, and draw
>type program and involved no hardware.

Unless it required 1 Meg chip, I can't see any reason.
The sales rep doesn't know what he's talking about.
--
	-Colin