[comp.sys.amiga.tech] DBW 2.0!!!!!!

prem@geomag.fsu.edu (Prem Subrahmanyam) (12/13/89)

    DBW 2.0 has been created and is available from the author for
    a contribution of $36.00.  Send to:

    William T. Baldridge
    2650 Sherwood Lane
    Pueblo, CO 81005

    I have a copy of it and it is very IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!   It supports
    all of DBW 1.0's features (fractals, marble, etc.), plus IFF picture
    wrapping, a fast octree-based rendering algorithm, objects of rotation
    and extrusion, 2- and 3-D text, user-definable macros, polygons, a
    user-friendly input language, instances, superquadrics, etc.   Alas,
    there is no object editor yet, but word is that one is in the works,
    possibly one that will support XSPECS.  Source code is not included either.

    As always, source to the two earlier versions, DBW 1.0 and MicroRay (v 1.2)
    is available via anonymous ftp from geomag.gly.fsu.edu (128.186.10.2) in

    /pub/pics/DBW.src and /pub/pics/DBW.microray.src  respectively.

    ---Prem Subrahmanyam  (prem@geomag.gly.fsu.edu)

    { He who dies with the most toys.......

      loses the most toys}

ifarqhar@mqccsunc.mqcc.mq.OZ (Ian Farquhar) (12/15/89)

In article <399@fsu.scri.fsu.edu> prem@geomag.gly.fsu.edu (Prem Subrahmanyam) writes:

>    As always, source to the two earlier versions, DBW 1.0 and MicroRay (v 1.2)
>    is available via anonymous ftp from geomag.gly.fsu.edu (128.186.10.2) in
>
>    /pub/pics/DBW.src and /pub/pics/DBW.microray.src  respectively.

I would like to remind everybody that many sites (particularly overseas
as I am) cannot access the archives.  This makes obtaining these files
near impossible.

I am certain that for many sources and binaries, the worldwide network
could handle the bandwidth of an initial posting.  I hold no respect for
those people who whine every time a large article is posted, they remind
me of those laboratory administrators who like their lovely equipment
unsullied by actual use.  The net is there, let's use it!

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (12/17/89)

In article <40@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> ifarqhar@mqccsunc.mq.oz (Ian Farquhar) writes:
>I hold no respect
>for those people who whine every time a large article is posted, they remind
>me of those laboratory administrators who like their lovely equipment
>unsullied by actual use.  The net is there, let's use it!

You mean, "The net is there, let's abuse it!  I don't have to pay for it!!!"

Big postings: 1) time up the modem, 2) increase my phone bill, and 3) fill
up my /usenet partition so that NOTHING ELSE CAN BE RECEIVED.  If you were
to send me money to cover items 2 and 3, then I wouldn't mind item 1. :-)
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

donw@zehntel.zehntel.com (Don White) (12/22/89)

In article <40@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> ifarqhar@mqccsunc.mq.oz (Ian Farquhar) writes:
>In article <399@fsu.scri.fsu.edu> prem@geomag.gly.fsu.edu (Prem Subrahmanyam) writes:
>>
>>    As always, source to the two earlier versions, DBW 1.0 and MicroRay (v 1.2)
>>    is available via anonymous ftp from geomag.gly.fsu.edu (128.186.10.2) in

>I would like to remind everybody that many sites (particularly overseas
>as I am) cannot access the archives.  This makes obtaining these files
>near impossible.
>
>I am certain that for many sources and binaries, the worldwide network
>could handle the bandwidth of an initial posting.  I hold no respect for
>those people who whine every time a large article is posted, they remind

     I agree! FTP is getting to be a dirty word. Nyah nyah you can't get to
  all this neato stuff!

     I have very little network knowledge, but, (dontcha hate it when people
  start sentences this way?) wouldn't it be lovely if someone could write
  a program to allow people with just an amiga and a modem to access these
  sites?

     Of course it's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE (darn it) but it sure would solve
  a lot of problems!

     Don White
     Box 271177 Concord, CA. 94527-1177
     zehntel!donw