[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Problems with Lattice include files

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (the Wizard of Speed and Time) (12/19/89)

I have lattice C 5.04 and am having a problem with include files.

I am writing a program that uses string stuff and standard I/O.
Plus, I want to be able to use the registerized parameters.

The first few lines are:

/* get standard delarations so registerized stuff'll work */
#include <stdlib.h>
/* we want to use the string builtins, so */
#include <string.h>
/* and we are using the standard I/O */
#include <stdio.h>

When I compile, I get loads of ERROR 72's, which is redeclaring something
declared elsewhere.  What is happening is that the decs in string.h are
redefining those in stdlib.h.  What gives?  I need the stdlib.h prototypes
to use the registerized calling scheme, and I need string.h for the builtins.

Is this a bug?  How do I resolve it?

--
Rich Carreiro - Most Biased Boston Celtics Fan!   "So long, farewell, and may
ARPA: rlcarr@space.mit.edu                         the forces of evil become

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (12/23/89)

In article <1989Dec19.014314.22052@athena.mit.edu> rlcarr@space.mit.edu (the Wizard of Speed and Time) writes:
>I have lattice C 5.04 and am having a problem with include files.
>When I compile, I get loads of ERROR 72's, which is redeclaring something
>declared elsewhere.  What is happening is that the decs in string.h are
>redefining those in stdlib.h.  What gives?  I need the stdlib.h prototypes
>to use the registerized calling scheme, and I need string.h for the builtins.

Make sure your include files were updated to the new release.  This problem
was fixed in 5.04.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller=======================
  | o  |//     "READY!   FIRE!   AIM!   (Software under development!)
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker