[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Large Lattice "oml" Libraries

markm@mcrware.UUCP (Mark Millard) (01/04/90)

I am having problems creating a large object module library using
Lattice C's oml command.  Has anybody else had experience dealing with
these?

The symptoms are:
oml will quit with the message

     Copy: Library too big

and leave a "oml.$$$" file around. I assume this is the temporary work
file which will eventually get renamed to my library.  This file is
280648 bytes large (about right for my application; including debuggable
stuff).  When I try to list the symbol table using

     oml -s mylib.lib l

it returns an scan error. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to
work around this without breaking it into a series of small libraries?
This is really only 1/4 of the estimated size for my final library!!
(Yes, it really needs to be large since it is the front-end shell to a
CAFP system for multimedia applications).

Thanks for any ideas.

Mark Millard
Microware Systems Corp.
1900 N.W. 114th Street
Des Moines, IA  50322
Phone #: 515/224-1929
Email #: sun!mcrware!markm

P.S.
CAFP = Computer-Aided Film Production

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (01/09/90)

In article <1437@mcrware.UUCP> markm@mcrware.UUCP (Mark Millard) writes:
>I am having problems creating a large object module library using
>Lattice C's oml command.  Has anybody else had experience dealing with
>these?

You can create smaller libraries with oml, then use the AmigaDOS JOIN
command to combine them (believe it or not!).

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller=======================
  | o  |//     Apologies to those who send me mail, about 80% of
  ======       my replies bounce...
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker