[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Tape drive on 2500UX

gksmith@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Gary Smith) (01/10/90)

Does anyone know if it is possible to access the tape drive from amigados.
I would like to be able to archive a lot of old code.

Is there such a thing as a Developer's mailing list for the amiga?
We were supposedly place on it here in Toronto, but we have received
nothing to back this up.

Gary Smith
Ontario Science Centre
416 429-4100 ext 228

sjorr@sunee.waterloo.edu (Stephen_Orr) (01/12/90)

In article <12885@watcgl.waterloo.edu> gksmith@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Gary Smith) writes:
>Does anyone know if it is possible to access the tape drive from amigados.
>I would like to be able to archive a lot of old code.

If the tape dirve has a scsi interface (and you do too) it should be easy,
QuarterBack will let you backup to any AmigaDos device.

>Is there such a thing as a Developer's mailing list for the amiga?
>We were supposedly place on it here in Toronto, but we have received
>nothing to back this up.

There is, I'm on it, call Alex Orgil at commodore Canada or try to get
him on there Usenet node (cbmtor) try aorgil@cbmtor or alex@cbmtor.

					Stephen Orr
					SandIsoft