[comp.sys.amiga.tech] : Exec message ports

zupke@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Brian Zupke) (01/20/90)

Howdy!  I'm working on a program that is using Exec message ports to do
intertask communications.  I was first using the amiga.lib CreatePort()
and DeletePort() functions.  But there seems to be a problem when I try
do delete the port I've created and used.  The program usually ends, but
then the system is really messed up (i.e., windows get filled with garbage,
or the whole thing just locks up).  I replaced the amiga.lib functions with
my own (following the Exec: manual) and it works fine.  My question is:
Is there something wrong with these functions in amiga.lib (Aztec-C) or is
more being done than allocating a signal and port and both being deleted?

Thanks for any help.

-Brian

valentin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Valentin Pepelea) (01/20/90)

In article <2617@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> zupke@mars.UUCP (Brian Zupke) writes:

>Howdy!  I'm working on a program that is using Exec message ports to do
>intertask communications.  I was first using the amiga.lib CreatePort() ...
>
>I replaced the amiga.lib functions with
>my own (following the Exec: manual) and it works fine.  My question is:
>Is there something wrong with these functions in amiga.lib (Aztec-C) or is
>more being done than allocating a signal and port and both being deleted?

When asking such questions, include source code. I would like to see how
exactly you call CratePort() and DeletePort(). The source code for these
two functions is provided in the Includes & Autodocs manual. You should be
able to figure out what exactly is going on from those.

Valentin