[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Lattice lproff and lstat

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (01/20/90)

	Has anyone gotten the Lattice lproff and lstat utilities to work?
I have tried using it, and the output file always says something like
"70% outside range", and lists only system defined modules. The power light
flickers while it is recording, so it would seem to be doing SOMETHING,
but the output file is only 4k or so. The program was compiled with
the -d3 level debugging, and ADDSYM was placed in the link file, so all
the symbolic info is there. I have no problems with using CPR, so I
suspect the problem is due to my using the ARP header file instead of the
standard c.o header, or a lack of understanding in how to correctly use
it.....

		Any suggestions?

				Dave

riley@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley) (01/20/90)

In article <1990Jan20.002514.11599@NCoast.ORG> davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) writes:
>	Has anyone gotten the Lattice lproff and lstat utilities to work?
>I have tried using it, and the output file always says something like
>"70% outside range", and lists only system defined modules.

The current version of lprof only profiles stuff in the first code hunk of
your executable.  Try linking with the "smallcode" option to blink.  That
should do it, unless the ARP header is doing something weird.

-Dan Riley (riley@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (01/21/90)

	Thanks for the help. I was reading the update files from 5.02 and
5.04, and I never saw that. What I DID see was a VERY small blurb about the
user now being able to sample down to 1 millisec. But nowhere did it say
HOW you set the sample rate. Have you heard anything about it?

			Dave