[comp.sys.amiga.tech] DNET/Cshell questions

dave@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (David A Rasmussen) (01/24/90)

I recently have been trying to get the latest flavor of dnet to run on my
amiga through our annex terminal server without much luck. I've had previous
versions work. This time I get the FTERM window and it just kinda hangs. Any
suggestions?

Also replaced my old version of csh 3.?? with 4.00a and I notice some
strange situation where I have to hit 2 returns before it will execute a
non-aliased command. ????

--
Internet:dave@uwm.edu, Uucp:uwm!dave, Bitnet:dave%uwm.edu@INTERBIT
Bellnet: +1 (414) 229-5133, USnail: CSD, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI  53201

ccplumb@lion.waterloo.edu (Colin Plumb) (02/08/90)

In article <2026@uwm.edu> dave@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (David A Rasmussen) writes:
> I recently have been trying to get the latest flavor of dnet to run on my
> amiga through our annex terminal server without much luck. I've had previous
> versions work. This time I get the FTERM window and it just kinda hangs. Any
> suggestions?

On the Unix end, if you use 127 (^?) for the interrupt character, when
the Amiga end sends it, the Unix end will be, er, interrupted.
"stty intr ^c; dnet" is a workaround; I've patched NetOpen and NetClose
in the source to really stomp on the tchars and ltchars structs
(see tty(4)).  I had similar problems; I'd get an Fterm window and
then everything would hang.  This made it work like a charm.

Also, the distribution code is a bit paranoid in that it won't send *any*
control characters over the link, not even tab, newline, form feed, or
carriage return.  The Amiga end will send those four (only), but the
Unix end will quote them.  You may want to change the BadCtl[] array
in packet.c.  (Locally, I've hacked it so it only quotes ^S and ^Q,
and you can use a -x flag to specify what to quote.  -xqs is the default.
You might not want to be so aggressive.)  This will have a beneficial
effect on upload times of text files.
--
	-Colin