From: tce@ann.MN.ORG (Thomas C. Evans)
Newsgroups: comp.realtime,comp.windows.misc,comp.os.misc,comp.os.os9,comp.sys.in
tel,comp.sys.m68k
Subject: Search for uC realtime os w/ GUI
Date: 9 Feb 90 15:19:43 GMT

I am developing an instrument which requires real time process control
an a user interface.  realTimeUnix+X would be nice.. but the
qualification, learning curve and resources required rule it out.

The current tack (based on external default decisions) is 386sx, Intel
RMX os, and C-worthy character based user interface kit to be ported
from dos.

I want a graphical user interface with the ability to change
languages, and a path to a Japanese user interface.

The processor / os / GUI tool kit are all open ( for about three weeks)
This project needs to move forward about 20 years!

All suggestions and comments about real time performance, look&feel, tools,
support, language interface, reliability welcome!
I will summarize in comp.realtime and comp.so.misc

--
Thomas C. Evans            self is like insanity,                tce@ann.MN.ORG
Minneapolis MN.           its hereditary and you        {umn-cs,amdahl,hpda}...

	Bill Hoston
	farhi@athena.mit.edu