[comp.sys.amiga.tech] The sleepy cloud

fischer@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Bill Fischer) (02/10/90)

Hello....  I've posted this message before, but haven't seen it show up
at any node different from the one where I posted it...  Perhaps that
node isn't putting things on the net, I dunno...  Anyhow, I'm
looking for someone who knows how to change the default *WB* busy pointer
from those silly little zzz's to something else...  I know it can be done
as I've seen a PD program that will change it to the word 'BUSY'. The
author of that program alluded to making the pointer user definable in a
subsequent release, but that never happened, as far as I know. Besides,
I'd rather learn how to do it myself.    I've looked in SysBase and some other
structures, but no where can I find the pointer to the BUSY image....
Anyone have any ideas???

Regards  B F

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (02/10/90)

In article <11391@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> fischer@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Bill Fischer) writes:
>Hello....  I've posted this message before, but haven't seen it show up
>at any node different from the one where I posted it...  Perhaps that
>node isn't putting things on the net, I dunno...  Anyhow, I'm
>looking for someone who knows how to change the default *WB* busy pointer

Look in comp.sys.amiga for a follow-up [though, no answer... :(]
I thought my gyrations had too little .techy kinds of stuff in it.. :)

David Navas
navas@cory.berkeley.edu

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (02/11/90)

     I came across a program called "changezz" a while back.  Its
purpose was to change the "z-z" balloon into the word BUSY, but it
crashed when I tried running it on my machine.  It came with a 12K
binary file (no source) plus the following read.me file:

>changezz will change the default zz balloon on workbench to the word BUSY.
>I've tested it fairly extensively (that means it was set up for a few days
>while I did other work), and I can't think of any reasons why there should
>be any problems with it, but I make no warranties regarding it's fitness for
>any purpose whatsoever.
>
>It will run on versions 1.1 and 1.2 of KickBench, although I'd bet big money
>it won't run on 1.3.
>
>It must be run after WorkBench is loaded, and will take effect the next time
>the WorkBench becomes busy.
>
>I'm not proud of the sprite I've substituted, and if anyone cares to suggest
>a better image, I'd consider changing it, or maybe even read the sprite from
>a file in the next(?) version.
>
>Steve Crabtree                   Feb. 17th. 1987.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
For every vision there is an equal and opposite revision.