[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Lattice 5.04 help - drand48

mplevine@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Marshall P. Levine) (02/04/90)

I just bought Lattice 5.04 and have found that drand48() and erand48()
cause the machine to guru.  I can't get these damned things to work.  I
am compiling with :
lc -Lm file.c
I am absolutely sure that the machine crashes when it calls one of these
functions.  Since I am new to 5.x, I may be making a silly compile-line
error, but this could also be a real bug in the compiler.  Please, all
you net programmers out there, try to get these functions to work!  I
need help!  Thanks.

-- Marshall Levine
mplevine@phoenix.princeton.edu

thomas@cbmvax.commodore.com (Linda Thomas - PA) (02/05/90)

In article <13543@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> mplevine@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Marshall P. Levine) writes:

> I just bought Lattice 5.04 and have found that drand48() and erand48()
> cause the machine to guru.  I can't get these damned things to work.  I
> am compiling with :
> lc -Lm file.c
> -- Marshall Levine
> mplevine@phoenix.princeton.edu

I've had a similar problem with the default 5.04 math library.  I worked
around the problem by switching to one of the other math libraries.  You
might want to try -fi or -fa.

		Linda
--
Linda Thomas, Commodore Amiga Test Engineering
UUCP  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!thomas or thomas@cbmvax.commodore.com

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (02/13/90)

In article <9607@cbmvax.commodore.com> thomas@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Linda Thomas - PA) writes:
>In article <13543@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> mplevine@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Marshall P. Levine) writes:
>>
>> I just bought Lattice 5.04 and have found that drand48() and erand48()
>> cause the machine to guru.  I can't get these damned things to work.  I
>> am compiling with :
>> lc -Lm file.c
>> -- Marshall Levine

This is a known bug in the math library.  Get the latest patch from the Lattice
BBS at (708)916-1200 or on BIX.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller=======================
  | o  |//     "I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal."
  ======               - Calvin
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker