[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Fortran options for the Amiga

Jim.Locker@afitamy.fidonet.org (Jim Locker) (02/09/90)

Ed Berger writes:

** Quoting Ed Berger to All **
 >Every once in a while someone asks about fortran compilers
 >for the amiga.
 >The following message appeared on comp.sys.next regarding a
 >fortran to
 >C translator that is available for NeXt and other unix boxes.
 > I would
 >love to see such ported to the amiga.  I do not feel competant
 >to handle
 >the job at my current level of experience.  Any amiga wizards
 >willing?
 >Jim Locker are you out there???

** End of Quote **

Here I am.

I am definitely interested in a Fortran to C converter.  I have done enough
with Fortran on the Amiga to believe that it is useful, but I am continually
bothered by my inability to dynamically allocate memory for arrays in a
Fortran acceptable fashion.  Any scheme that I come up with is non-standard
code.

If I had such a translator that worked, the next version of Matlab would be in
C, with all the evident advantages of that language.

My access to usenet is limited to this and comp.sys.amiga bases.  If someone
could arrange to get me the source for this translator?   (Art Mercer, are you
there??)

Jim Locker

Jim Locker - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
UUCP: uunet!dayvb!afitamy!Jim.Locker
ARPA: Jim.Locker@afitamy.fidonet.org
         //     Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway
    \ //     Dayton Ohio  (513)-252-7681
     \X/               1:110/300

amercer@thor.wright.edu (Art Mercer) (02/14/90)

From article <82.25D5867E@afitamy.fidonet.org>, by Jim.Locker@afitamy.fidonet.org (Jim Locker):
>> I am definitely interested in a Fortran to C converter.  I have done enough
>> [...omitted...]
>> If I had such a translator that worked, the next version of Matlab would be in
>> C, with all the evident advantages of that language.
>>
>> My access to usenet is limited to this and comp.sys.amiga bases.  If someone
>> could arrange to get me the source for this translator?   (Art Mercer, are you
>> there??)

Sure am Jim.  If someone mails me the code, I'll see that Jim gets it.

>> Jim Locker

Art Mercer
Associate Director, Academic Computing Resources
040T Library Annex
Wright State University
Col. Glenn HWY
Dayton, OH 45435