[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A500 Expansion Chassis and other things

v144nsu6@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (02/15/90)

Hello all you Amiga Maniacs:

Heres a few questions for you Tech heads out there.

Number 1- What is the difference between the 86 pin card edge on the
A500 and the 100 pin Amiga 2000 slot?

Number 2- Any body know of an expansion box for Amiga 500 that has not only
amiga 2000 slots but also AT and XT slots? (any besides the Surgeon a little
out of my price range).

Number 3- Anybody know of a way to connect a Mac compatible disk drive to
an A500 w/o Amax Box? (I have a cracked version of Amax on disk [128k Mac
ROMS included.) I believe that a Mac drive has a 19 pin connector and the
Amiga has a 23 pin drive connector.

About Question #2- The Intern from compusave also does not fit my needs.
I called them and they said their add was wrong ie. it doesnt have xt slots.

Thanks for your time.......Please respond directly to V144NSU6 @UBVMSD

Major Disaster   --------- //
                         \X/  Amiga Master

MSDOG sucks

a464@mindlink.UUCP (Bruce Dawson) (02/15/90)

> v144nsu6 writes:
>
> Number 3- Anybody know of a way to connect a Mac compatible disk drive to
> an A500 w/o Amax Box? (I have a cracked version of Amax on disk [128k Mac
> ROMS included.) I believe that a Mac drive has a 19 pin connector and the
> Amiga has a 23 pin drive connector.
>
> Thanks for your time.......Please respond directly to V144NSU6 @UBVMSD
>
> Major Disaster   --------- //
>                          \X/  Amiga Master
>
> MSDOG sucks

     You have a cracked version of a commercial product, and you expect us to
help you connect a Mac compatible disk drive so that you can use this pirated
software?  Unless I've completely misinterpreted what you said, not much luck!
Go BUY Amax if you want to use it.

.Bruce Dawson.