[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Kronos and Mouse both dying

riddle@drivax.UUCP (Riddle) (02/10/90)

 Two Questions for the Net Community.

1. I discovered the cause of the problem the day after C-Ltd closed.
Have waited to see if the Net discusses it, Perry mentioned it.

My Kronos 2000 board works wonderful, but turns off serial interrupts
during writes.  UUCP, kermit, and Whap will all fail eventually on long
file transfers.

What can I do about ??????????

2. My mouse has stopped moving right.

First it slowed (sometimes (mouse hacks worked)).
Then won't move right unless left alone for a few secs.
The ratio of right seemed twice (or more) then left/up/down.
Now it won't move right at all.

I've cleaned mouse-ball and mouse circuits and connections.
What chip controls right movement?
What virus stops right movements (the left shall rise again)?

--
[replace with your own cute .signature]		amdahl!drivax!riddle

hamilton@intersil.uucp (Fred Hamilton) (02/11/90)

In article <BAVDRW4@drivax.UUCP>, riddle@drivax.UUCP (Riddle) writes:

> My Kronos 2000 board works wonderful, but turns off serial interrupts
> during writes.  UUCP, kermit, and Whap will all fail eventually on long
> file transfers.
>
> What can I do about ??????????

Edit your DevSetup file in your devs: directory.  Right now there should be
a line like this:

	Flags	Disable_IRQ

They do this to get the maximum speed out of the thing for show-off purposes.
Change the flag to "NoDisable_IRQ" and that should eliminate your problem.
The slowdown in speed will probably be undetectable.

--
Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.

thomas@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/tty000) (02/17/90)

In article <BAVDRW4@drivax.UUCP> riddle@drivax.UUCP (Riddle) writes:

>1. I discovered the cause of the problem the day after C-Ltd closed.
>Have waited to see if the Net discusses it, Perry mentioned it.
>
>--
>[replace with your own cute .signature]		amdahl!drivax!riddle

My question is, why did C-Ltd go out of business. They made a good solid product and they even supported it.  I bought a 33 meg HD from them and had a little
trouble with it but they were more than happy to get my problem straightened
out.  So does anyone out there in net-land know why C-Ltd went out of business?

--
         ____
        / / /  Amiga 1000  | Thomas "Maverick" Schwarz  -  Sirius Software

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/20/90)

       Money, money, money, money.  GRIN
                               Jason