[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Overscan Questions

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (03/07/90)

[ Would Paul Ermisch please call me again and include his CORRECT
phone number so that I can get back to him?  Thanks! ]

I am trying to write an interactive MoreRows program.  Suggestions for
a name are being accepted.  I have some questions.

How does Preferences move the screen?  I have the old (non-1.3) RKMs
but I can't find what I'm looking for.  An answer of "RTFM" would be
fine if you point to a F.M.

Is the source code to MoreRows available?  I assume that they Do It
Right so I would like to work from that code.

How can I tell when there isn't enough bandwidth left to display
sprites or should I put them all on the screen and have the user watch
them disappear?

E-Mail and I'll summarize, or post if you want.

Thanks!
-Tom
--
Tom Limoncelli       The computer industry should spend more time in front of
tlimonce@drew.uucp              their computers.  Remember when "Look & Feel"

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (03/08/90)

In article <Mar.7.01.39.58.1990.12657@pilot.njin.net> limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) writes:

> Is the source code to MoreRows available?  I assume that they Do It
> Right so I would like to work from that code.

Oops!  I forgot.  There is no "supported way" to do overscan and this
program will break under 1.4... but I'll document that and delete all
my source when 1.4 ships :-)

Same with preferences... but you knew that, didn't you? ;-)

-Tom