[comp.sys.amiga.tech] middle serial button

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (08/29/89)

In article <446@mindlink.UUCP> a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) writes:

      PS.
      While I'm dreaming, does anybody know if there is support for the middle
      mouse button in 1.4?

I'm pretty sure Intuition has had support for the middle mouse button
since the beginning.  It's certainly there from 1.2 onward.

				--M

--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi	Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Inc.

  "$16,000!  And all he wanted to do was dip us in plaster!"

mks@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael Sinz - CATS) (09/01/89)

In article <PORTUESI.89Aug29093052@tweezers.esd.sgi.com> portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) writes:
>In article <446@mindlink.UUCP> a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) writes:
>
>      PS.
>      While I'm dreaming, does anybody know if there is support for the middle
>      mouse button in 1.4?
>
>I'm pretty sure Intuition has had support for the middle mouse button
>since the beginning.  It's certainly there from 1.2 onward.

Sorry for the bad news, but Intuition swallows middle button events.
So, for the time being, the only way to get them would be from the
input.device food chain as long as you were in front of Intuition.  1.4
intuition will fix this.

/----------------------------------------------------------------------\
|      /// Michael Sinz -- CATS/Amiga Software/Support Engineer        |
|     ///  PHONE 215-431-9422  UUCP ( uunet | rutgers ) !cbmvax!mks    |
|    ///                                                               |
|\\\///          When people are free to do as they please,            |
| \XX/                they usually imitate each other.                 |

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (09/01/89)

)>I'm pretty sure Intuition has had support for the middle mouse button
)>since the beginning.  It's certainly there from 1.2 onward.

Yeah, this is wrong.  It swallows them.

)Sorry for the bad news, but Intuition swallows middle button events.
)So, for the time being, the only way to get them would be from the
)input.device food chain as long as you were in front of Intuition.  1.4
)intuition will fix this.

I will be "fixed" so that they are not swallowed, and somehow we'll geth
them down the IDCMP (how many programs will break if they get
a Code value of MIDDLEUP/MIDDLEDOWN for a MOUSEBUTTONS IDCMP message?).

BUT in the meantime, you can watch for transitions in the Qualifier
field, and simulate an "event."  Just use INTUITICKS or something.
I think they have the correct current qualifier set.

So, Mike, I had one up my sleeve for once.

	jimm

--
Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing	   	"... the signs are very ominous,
{cbmvax,well,oliveb}!amiga!jimm          and a chill wind blows."

quantum@pro-exchange.cts.com (Mike Solomon) (03/11/90)

Hello, this has nothing to do with Mouse Buttons, but i heard 1.4 and it got
me wondering, 'When is Workbench 1.4 coming out, and where can Iget it when it
does?'

.   .   "Go with a Smile!"
  .                 --The Joker
\___/     -=Quantum