[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Reading Autoconfig Parameters From a Card REPOST

a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) (03/05/90)

   I have had a couple of requests for a repeat, so...
    Okay here is a little program that will tell you what
 AutoConfig boards you have. Run this through shar, uudecode
 and zoo.
    Note that this stuff is all documented in RKM_1.3_L&D.
 I should mention that this is CLI only.
#       This is a shell archive.
#       Remove everything above and including the cut line.
#       Then run the rest of the file through sh.
#----cut here-----cut here-----cut here-----cut here----#
#!/bin/sh
# shar:    Shell Archiver
#       Run the following text with /bin/sh to create:
#       pacd4.zuu
# This archive created: Sun Mar  4 14:58:23 1990
echo shar: extracting pacd4.zuu
sed 's/^XX//' << HAR_EOF > pacd4.zuu
XX
XXbegin 644 pacd4.zoo
XXM6D]/(#(N,#`@07)C:&EV92X:``#<I\3]*@```-;___\"``$````````!W*?$.
XXM_0(!F`,``'$```!D%(MUF,\!```)P,```$```````````!004-$-`"3F@``/
XXM`+0`"@!_"3L`````````````0"DC*````0`8,$^@08$##AH48/"0P2X&@2!,P
XXMUQ",0`$J^!Q4\6@%$@`$5DA$($*C0"9P`+#``W*%$P!HG+CJATTD`#)G``0`O
XXMPP*(S'_$;$*P20%$&Y`,(`#XD3.`!1(\#$((HY,35(.`J`:05-(@EI0LCL:<N
XXM65,BFYP`K$5"A@()")3_Y/P+"X#-3UQ*`*'EA@*("2#7^$F]*A"65B<R5H"DI
XXM"@">5BB$`1#3BD."X@",Q6G5$1F;5A$2)C!VIM5$9'9:'5@&((`Q+JT0"`<`1
XXMP!A?8@`*&&MBK$\VA<PB6```P=@/8W*R43!F%AP`B3!H&$.3S<.U!.$.PHAA^
XXMS,NUQ79$,!8T`V&<:4P"B(3%L@(A`M;IY1(`((W;'^Q,"O.[_^?9GYN5!%G
XXM2D[4`4<%!2(11!@"*/A#`.`L*(`,'R!Q#CS`="40&T&TPQ`)"$`00#H8""#1D
XXM`Q#$(!`$P`@0!``/2!"#4A`$`P$O`MG1F@],?#/``P6"((02&)C!CPD(6"+(-
XXM%(,4V&%"$`1BQT[$F0,&!Y$!,248$D3&PY8(1$:$'06($!\$=)'Q$S0%(L2.\
XXM01,8-)M`%AC$A$%6&&210)H8!(M!QABDC4'P"!2``89R8"@,AMZI$Q6&[AF`"
XXM*8;28Z@_%R$@YT(&(:K0`/(@I,Y#54P1Q!%%Z``"%$$,000>"@#@1!Q0R)&&G
XXM&W2`$$0==+PQQ!MNF)'&&2`0488=:8Q1!@A)!/N&`E:4(<<<:0`+`@PNP!!#O
XXMK+C)&@<(WH(@KKC>DO'&'"ZPD888<H0A1QX`E($''&&X02VPZ:[;[KO>:BO#(
XXM##348,,-..00A!"N%F&$0+,6,6^]][HAY!ONDC$'"$:\48<;9"C0PL<@ARSR#
XXMR"UP*ZT+3=1;AQEAC$%''7)("T(/X,8KAPNUOD%&'2Z/.R[-`IU,11YP+.NS!
XXMST#;[((1;(1QQL5'BYOTR<VF00<1:3@=[1A2USP&&2X(0;$<9`1!!ADQSW%Q`
XXMTE^'/3894Z2AA]%="]0VTTY#'7720]1[0JYO%"VQNNRZFT>L1H1!1QAL@%"$I
XXM''*\(0<((\#`[4"A#K1.1`C)$Q#<I\3]`@``````````````````````````Y
XX?``````````````````````````````````````#\@P``_
XX``
XXend
XXsize 976
SHAR_EOF
if test 1407 -ne "`wc -c pacd4.zuu`"
then
echo shar: error transmitting pacd4.zuu '(should have been 1407 characters)'
fi
#       End of shell archive
exit 0

 "The ghost of electricity howls through the bones of her face"
                                        - Visions of Johanna
    Harvey Taylor               Meta Media Productions
         uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Harvey_Taylor
                a186@mindlink.UUCP

stan@teroach.UUCP (Stan Fisher) (03/07/90)

In article <1261@mindlink.UUCP> a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) writes:
>   I have had a couple of requests for a repeat, so...
>    Okay here is a little program that will tell you what
> AutoConfig boards you have. Run this through shar, uudecode
> and zoo.

I'm one person that wanted this reposted or preferably emailed to me because
the original posting had errors and wouldn't unshar or uudecode or unzoo!

Now the repost is the same exact file and has all the same errors.  Could
you maybe re-zoo/encode/shar this file and post or mail it?
Don't mean to sound harsh, that's not my intent at all, I'll be very
appreciative to get this program.

>#!/bin/sh
># shar:    Shell Archiver
>#       Run the following text with /bin/sh to create:
>#       pacd4.zuu
># This archive created: Sun Mar  4 14:58:23 1990
>echo shar: extracting pacd4.zuu
>sed 's/^XX//' << HAR_EOF > pacd4.zuu
                 ^^ missing '\S'
                    ------------
 Extra leading 'X'

>XX
>XXbegin 644 pacd4.zoo
>XXM6D]/(#(N,#`@07)C:&EV92X:``#<I\3]*@```-;___\"``$````````!W*?$.
>XXM_0(!F`,``'$```!D%(MUF,\!```)P,```$```````````!004-$-`"3F@``/
     ^

Line 2 and 9 are bad, missing chars on the end of the lines.

>XXMS,NUQ79$,!8T`V&<:4P"B(3%L@(A`M;IY1(`((W;'^Q,"O.[_^?9GYN5!%G

And the size unpacks wrong which is probably 'cause of the above errors?

Basically I've done what I can to hand patch the fixable problems but still
can't replace the missing data in the encoded part.

Thanks.

  Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -  Voice (602) 438-3228
  Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running Atredes 1.1 @ (602) 893-0804

a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) (03/10/90)

Stan, dylan, Karl & several others,
   I'm really sorry/annoyed about this. It seems MindLink uses the
 backslash character (ascii $5c) as an escape character, ie. it eats
 backslashes & sometimes the next character if it fits one of MindLink's
 commands. This plays all hell with uuencoded files...
 ---Attempt zero---
   Let BS = BackSlash
   There are 15 backslashes in pacd.sh, but only lines 2 & 9 seem to be
 corrupted (as well as the header).
        >sed 's/^XX//' <<   HAR_EOF > pacd4.zuu                    -HDR
                          ^
                         BSSHAR_EOF

XXM_0(!F`,``'$```!D%(MUF,\!```)P,```$```````````!004-$-`"3F@``/   -L2
                         ^^
                        BSBS!``

XXMS,NUQ79$,!8T`V&<:4P"B(3%L@(A`M;IY1(`((W;'^Q,"O.[_^?9GYN5!%G   -L9
         ^
        BSR9$,!

   Now when these lines get to you they will be corrupted by the ML editor
 again. Where you see the ^ char below with BS below, insert one
 backslash. The other characters are the same.
 ---Attempt one---
   My other alternative, is to try to trick the ML editor here by
 substituting BSBS for BS. ;-) How do these lines look?

sed 's/^XX//' << \SHAR_EOF > pacd4.zuu                              -HDR

XXM_0(!F`,``'$```!D%(MUF,\\!```)P,```$```````````!004-$-`"3F@``/   -L2

XXMS,NUQ7\R9$,!8T`V&<:4P"B(3%L@(A`M;IY1(`((W;'^Q,"O.[_^?9GYN5!%G    -L9

 ---
   Hopefully, now one way or the other, you will be able to reconstruct a
 valid .sh file. The ironic side is that PACD is a really simple little
 program. Open expansion.lib & do FindConfigDev until done.
   As for the double XXs, I'm not sure why that happened. I am using a
 Dave Wecker Shar (12388 bytes). It unshared on my system, so I didn't
 worry about it.

  "You can't get blood out of an illusion." -The Lickerish Quartet

stan@teroach.UUCP (Stan Fisher) (03/13/90)

*** PACD fix lines deleted ****

>   Hopefully, now one way or the other, you will be able to reconstruct a
> valid .sh file. The ironic side is that PACD is a really simple little
> program. Open expansion.lib & do FindConfigDev until done.

YES!  It works, thanks ever so much for the fix.

Also your escape trick worked fine too.  The second pair of encoded lines
was correct, so you CAN trick it with the backslashes.

Thanks again.