[comp.sys.amiga.tech] does Lattice 5.04 BLINK have any bu

GARYM@ENG.Prime.COM (03/15/90)

>Background: I'm porting p2c (a fairly good pascal-to-c converter) to the
>Amiga. Everything compiles properly, but when I blink, this is what happens :

>Blink - Version 5.04
>Copyright (c) 1988 Lattice, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

>Undefined symbols        First Referenced
>------------------------ ----------------
>_DOSBase                 File 'lib:cres.o'
>Enter a DEFINE value for _DOSBase (default _stub):

>I have another question : is there anyway to get Lattice to successfully
>compile very large source files (that produce objects of size >32K) ?
>The p2c source had several like this (I broke them up so they'd compile) that
>generated warnings.

>Advance Thanx,
>fred

>grwalter@watmath.uwaterloo.ca                  (Canadian domain)
>grwalter@watmath.waterloo.edu                  (US Internet, including CSNET)
>grwalter@watmath.waterloo.cdn                  (CDNnet and some European nets)
>watmath!grwalter                               (UUCP)

    Hope this will help.

    Looks as though yor missing the "c.o" library in you load path.

    Try This:
                      vvvvvvv
    BLINK TO p2c FROM lib:c.o lib:cres.o trans.o stuff.o out.o comment.o lex.o
                      ^^^^^^^
    dir.o parse1.o parse2.o parse3.o parse4.o decl1.o decl2.o decl3.o decl4.o
    decl5.o expr1.o expr2.o expr3.o expr4.o expr5.o pexpr1.o pexpr2.o pexpr3.o
    funcs1.o funcs2.o funcs3.o funcs4.o funcs5.o hpmods.o citmods.o LIBRARY
    lib:a.lib+lib:lc.lib NODEBUG

    That should do it. _DOSbase is just a basic C library macro (I believe!?).
    I had this same problem, then I decided to REALLY read the manual.
    Which, incidentally sucks... AND they really don't mention the
    C.O library all that much. Took me two days to compile "Hello World!"

    Also, you may want to get the developers kit from (CATS) Commodore,
    looks like you don't have the Amiga.lib (this is very important).
    It also may be on your Lattice disks....

    Sorry I can't help you out on the next question...

+---------------------------+
|                           |
|   //                      |+
| \X/ = A Creative Mind     ||+
|                           |||
+---------------------+ +---------------------------------------------------+
|Gary MacDougall      | | The opinions expressed here are in no way related |\
|Prime Computer Inc.  | | with my employer, unless of course the're good    | |
|Oracle Development   | | enough get me a healthy raise...                  | |
|Framingham, Ma 01701 | |                                                   | |
+---------------------+ +---------------------------------------------------+ |
 \                     \ \                                                   \|
  +---------------------+ +---------------------------------------------------+

alex@bilver.UUCP (Alex Matulich) (03/17/90)

>    BLINK TO p2c FROM lib:cres.o trans.o stuff.o out.o comment.o lex.o
>    dir.o parse1.o parse2.o parse3.o parse4.o decl1.o decl2.o decl3.o decl4.o
>    decl5.o expr1.o expr2.o expr3.o expr4.o expr5.o pexpr1.o pexpr2.o pexpr3.o
>    funcs1.o funcs2.o funcs3.o funcs4.o funcs5.o hpmods.o citmods.o LIBRARY
>    lib:a.lib+lib:lc.lib NODEBUG

You should be linking with lib:c.o and lib:amiga.lib also.  In addition,
that command line may be too long, and is getting truncated.  To solve that
problem, put all the info in a WITH file like so:

[contents of WITH file]:
FROM
lib:c.o
lib:cres.o
  ...etc..
LIBRARY
lib:a.lib
lib:lcm.lib
lib:lc.lib
lib:amiga.lib
p2c

[end of WITH file]

and just type
blink with mywithfile
to link you program.

--
     ///  Alex Matulich
    ///  Unicorn Research Corp, 4621 N Landmark Dr, Orlando, FL 32817

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (03/21/90)

In article <387100014@ENG.Prime.COM> GARYM@ENG.Prime.COM writes:
>>Background: I'm porting p2c (a fairly good pascal-to-c converter) to the
>>Amiga. Everything compiles properly, but when I blink, this is what happens :
>

>>Blink - Version 5.04
>>Copyright (c) 1988 Lattice, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
>
>>Undefined symbols        First Referenced
>>------------------------ ----------------
>>_DOSBase                 File 'lib:cres.o'
>>Enter a DEFINE value for _DOSBase (default _stub):
>
>>I have another question : is there anyway to get Lattice to successfully
>>compile very large source files (that produce objects of size >32K) ?
>>The p2c source had several like this (I broke them up so they'd compile) that
>>generated warnings.
>
>>Advance Thanx,
>>fred
>    Looks as though yor missing the "c.o" library in you load path.

He doesn't need c.o, he has cres.o.  cres.o replaces c.o.

>    That should do it. _DOSbase is just a basic C library macro (I believe!?).

_DOSbase is not a macro.  How could you link a macro into your program?  I agree
with the earlier poster who suggested using a WITH file to shorten the command
line, which is limited to 256 in LMK.  I use the following:

foo:  $(FOOOBJS)
   echo "Linking FOO..."
   blink with <<
      $(FOOOBJS)
      lib lib:lc.lib lib:amiga.lib
      ...whatever other options you want...
<

This creates a temporary file with the BLINK options in it, and executes BLINK
with the temp file as a WITH file.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)382-8265 =
 *|. o.| ||                                NOTE NEW BBS NUMBER!^^^^^^^^
  | o  |//     Got mole problems?  Call Avogadro: 602-1023!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker