[comp.sys.amiga.tech] delete a file, cause a task held

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (03/26/90)

I've got this file on my hard disk where, if I try to delete it, I get a
software error/task held.  How can I get rid of it?
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl	"As long as there is a legion of superheros, all else
--			 can surely be made right." -- Sensor Girl

In article <5452@sugar.hackercorp.com> I wrote:
>I've got this file on my hard disk where, if I try to delete it, I get a
>software error/task held.  How can I get rid of it?

Nevermind.  It was a degenerative condition.  I had to reformat and restore.
Thank goodness for Matt Dillon's backup program and a lot of paranoia on my
part of late -- I'd been really careful about backups and didn't lose anything.

The Amiga needs a real fsck, eh?