[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Putting icons onto WBscreen

per@iesd.auc.dk (Per Langfeldt Hagen) (03/20/90)

When I boot my Amy it starts the WorkBench, so I can use both a shell
and a Desktop environment. When I am working from the WorkBench, I
usually take the icon for my editor and drag it onto the WorkBench screen,
to have faster access it!
What annoies me is I don't know how to do this automatically (with a program),
after a boot!

Are there anybody in Netland who knows how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

-Per :-)

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (03/23/90)

In article <1990Mar20.124755.6109@iesd.auc.dk>, per@iesd.auc.dk (Per Langfeldt Hagen) writes:
> When I boot my Amy it starts the WorkBench, so I can use both a shell
> and a Desktop environment. When I am working from the WorkBench, I
> usually take the icon for my editor and drag it onto the WorkBench screen,
> to have faster access it!
> What annoies me is I don't know how to do this automatically (with a program),
> after a boot!

Or even better, put it back again!!
Regards Alan

> Are there anybody in Netland who knows how to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Per :-)

WIL_B@tudera.tudelft.nl ("wil.v.d.broek") (03/28/90)

Answer to P Langfelt Hagen about automating icon-control.
In PD there is the package Scripit (Fish >280) author ??
It is a kind of script-language to control windows, screens AND icons;
all from a scriptfile ! Very powerfull.

Regards Wil van den Broek at WIL_B@TUDERA.TUDELFT.NL