[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Double-buffering problem

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (04/07/90)

[]

I am trying to do some simple double-buffering in an intuition window.
(rendering to an offscreen rastport and clipblitting to the displaying
window.) Predictably, I am getting some of the flashing. In this application
the flashing is quite disturbing. Is there a convenient way to get around that.

One is led to believe that performing a WaitBOVP() right before the ClipBlit
would help to get rid it. But that doesn't seem to do a thing. What gives?

mike

                                                      *** mike smithwick ***
"I'm totally awed by what you've done!" (Arthur C. Clarke
 commenting about Distant Suns)
[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]

rogers@iris.ucdavis.edu (Brewski Rogers) (04/08/90)

In article <46786@ames.arc.nasa.gov> mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) writes:
>One is led to believe that performing a WaitBOVP() right before the ClipBlit
>would help to get rid it. But that doesn't seem to do a thing. What gives?
>mike

Two things:
1] WaitBOVP() expects a pointer to a viewport, but you probably know that.
2] WaitBOVP() doesn't Wait, but does a busy-loop so it sucks up CPU time.

-bruce

2727 Eel                   Bruce (6502 RULES!) Rogers        |\  Duck  ( 0 0)
Davis, Ca 95616            Quantum Duck Software,           |\ \______/ / \\\
916-756-2684               rogers@iris.ucdavis.edu         |\ <  <     |   \/
"My brain is on fire!"                                       \________/  Quark!