[comp.sys.amiga.tech] vi on Amiga

In article <419@cmsfl> duncan@cmsfl@labtam.oz (Duncan Goode) writes:
> I currently use a version of vi that has been ported to many computers and
> has faithfuly been port to the Amiga. The program is steVIe, and it comes
> complete with source listing and docs and its PD.

> 	What more could you ask for!!!

How about a complete "ex" mode?

There is a freely redistributable VI clone called "elvis" that has virtually
all of "vi" and "ex" commands, instead of a subset like "stevie" or "z". I
was going to port it to the Amiga when my RAM card died. It's going to be
pubbed in comp.sources.misc in a week or so by the author, along with MS-DOS
and ST ports. An Amiga port of Elvis would be greatly appreciated.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.
/      \

jea@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Joanne Albano) (04/08/90)

In addition to the ex commands-- I would also like to see
an initialization file that sets up autoindent and things
such as that.

 Joanne Albano, Center for Visual Science     (716) 275-3055
 Room 274 Meliora Hall, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester NY 14627
 INTERNET: jea@cvs.rochester.edu