[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Lattice 4.01 memory leak?

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) (04/10/90)

In article <90096.130157UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:
>I've been using 4.01 for awhile now, and it seems to me that I have either
>a memory leak or some kind of fragmentation problem.  I use 2.5MB, Arp1.3,
>Dmouse, and FaccII.
>
>So far, the symptom is that after 6 or so recompiles the largest free
>block is too small for the compiler.  I wonder if this is some well known
>glitch with lattice?  If not, I guess I'll have to try to track it down.
>
>PS  I am sure it isn't my program.
....it never is. :-) :-)

Serioulsy, the only way you can say that for sure is to run the compiler six or
seven times in a row without running anything else (you could run 'avail'
between each invocation to check fragmentation).

V4.01 is pretty old. Still, there should be no problems with the compiler leaking
memory. If you are using LMK there is a possibility of it screwing up. Early
versions of LMK had some obscure problems.

john-