[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Making Power Windows work with Manx 5.0a

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (04/13/90)

> karl@sugar.hackercorp.com writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <5566@sugar.hackercorp.com>
>
> Org.  : Sugar Land Unix - Houston
> Person: Karl Lehenbauer
>
> I have abandoned using Power Windows in favor of Tcl for new development, but
> -- uunet!sugar!karl             "If you do everything, you'll win."  -- LBJ
> -- Usenet access: (713) 438-5018

By this statement I am assuming that Tcl is very much like Power Windows in
it's function. Is this a commercial product? If so, please tell me who
publishes it so I can get my favorite computer store to order one for me. If
not, please tell me where I can get a look at it.
Thanks in advance.
-Ron Tarrant

"Every program MUST have a full-blown ARexx port. I have spoken." - Ra
"This includes ALL graphics programs." - a frustrated animator

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (04/13/90)

I have abandoned using Power Windows in favor of Tcl for new development, but
for those still developing with it or those needing to bring their Power
Windows code up to Manx 5.0, there'll be a couple things you'll need to do:

	Compile the C source output by PW with "-wo" set
		(this keeps some ptr/int problems from ending the compile;
		  the PW people should have used casts on some things)

	In an include file referenced by the PW-generated code, or via some
	other means, "#undef NULL" and "#define NULL 0".
		(the new Manx defines NULL as (void *)0, which causes some
		 invalid-use-of-datatype errors because they used NULL for
		 some byte values and such)

--
-- uunet!sugar!karl		"If you do everything, you'll win."  -- LBJ
-- Usenet access: (713) 438-5018

deven@rpi.edu (Deven T. Corzine) (04/14/90)

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com writes:

Karl> I have abandoned using Power Windows in favor of Tcl for new
Karl> development, but [...]

On 12 Apr 90 18:06:10 GMT, a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) said:

Ron> By this statement I am assuming that Tcl is very much like Power
Ron> Windows in it's function. Is this a commercial product? If so,
Ron> please tell me who publishes it so I can get my favorite computer
Ron> store to order one for me. If not, please tell me where I can get
Ron> a look at it.

Given my current understanding of what Power Windows is, [a program to
create C code for intuition structures, gadgets, etc.] Tcl is quite
different.  But given the extensions to Tcl for the Amiga that Karl
and Peter added for windows, etc...  Well, it may be simpler to just
use Tcl.  But I haven't used Power Windows before, and haven't used
Tcl as much as I want to, so Karl will have to give you a somewhat
more 'authoritative' answer.

Deven
--
Deven T. Corzine        Internet:  deven@rpi.edu, shadow@pawl.rpi.edu
Snail:  2151 12th St. Apt. 4, Troy, NY 12180   Phone:  (518) 274-0327