[comp.sys.amiga.tech] JR-Comm 1.0

tjhayko@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA (05/03/90)

I have a question concerning JR-Comm 1.0.  Will it support Kermit?  I'm not yet
registered as a JR-Comm owner, but if 1.0 will support Kermit, I'll register
right away.  If Kermit is not going to be supported, will 1.0 allow an external
program to access the serial port (ie. does it use shared mode)?  If JR-Comm 1.0
will support Kermit, it will be my terminal program of choice.  If not, well, I
guess it will be about time to start thinking about writing my own.

* Tom Hayko                    * only the Amiga      /// *
* tjhayko@thunder.lakeheadu.ca * (if only Commodore ///  *
* tjhayko@LUSUN.BITNET         *   knew that)   \\\///   *
* tjhayko@LAKEHEAD.BITNET      *                 \XX/    *

QUIT

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (05/03/90)

Yeah, speaking of external protocol...

Yo, Jack!  How about putting in calls so we can use XPR stuff such
as kermit!  I think you'd find some very happy people out there...
--
John  M.  Adams    --*--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!      ///
Internet:  jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu     ///

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (05/05/90)

tjhayko@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA writes:

>I have a question concerning JR-Comm 1.0.  Will it support Kermit?  I'm not yet
>registered as a JR-Comm owner, but if 1.0 will support Kermit, I'll register
>right away.  If Kermit is not going to be supported, will 1.0 allow an external
>program to access the serial port (ie. does it use shared mode)?  If JR-Comm 1.0

  No, 1.0 will not have Kermit.  I plan on getting XPR support in a future
  release, along with Kermit, scripts and ARexx.

  -jack-