[comp.sys.amiga.tech] GNU stuff

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Denizen of Hell) (05/02/90)

Is anyone out there porting GCC, G++, and GNUEMACS?  Can anyone point me
to them?  I'm no C guru, but I'd be willing to help test things, especially
emacs.

Thanks!

--
Rich Carreiro                                        Denizen of Hell
ARPA: rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                         Graduate Student

hopp@stolaf..stolaf.edu (Eric D. Hopp) (05/04/90)

>Is anyone out there porting GCC, G++, and GNUEMACS?  Can anyone point me
>to them?  I'm no C guru, but I'd be willing to help test things, especially
>emacs.

>Rich Carreiro                                        Denizen of Hell

Scott Fritchie and Mark Henning (fritchie@stolaf.edu &
henning@stolaf.edu) are working on a port of GNU Emacs.  I've been
swamped, or I would have actually seen what they have running so far,
and could tell you something about it.
						-eric hopp
						 hopp@stolaf.edu

fritchie@sachiko.acc.stolaf.edu (Scott Fritchie; ACC @ St. Olaf College) (05/05/90)

In article <100@nic.acc.stolaf.edu> hopp@stolaf..stolaf.edu (Eric D. Hopp) writes:

   >Is anyone out there porting GCC, G++, and GNUEMACS?  Can anyone point me
   >to them?  I'm no C guru, but I'd be willing to help test things, especially
   >emacs.

   >Rich Carreiro                                        Denizen of Hell

   Scott Fritchie and Mark Henning (fritchie@stolaf.edu &
   henning@stolaf.edu) are working on a port of GNU Emacs.  I've been
   swamped, or I would have actually seen what they have running so far,
   and could tell you something about it.
						   -eric hopp
						    hopp@stolaf.edu

Well, things are mostly done.  I'm thinking this weekend we'll
actually try to link the entire thing, which will take a *long* time.
We've been thinking of moving everything down to our friendly Amiga
store to compile on an A3000 (evil grin...).  There's little hope that
it will work after we find all the functions we forgot to include or
not include, but theoretically it ought to.

Yeah, right.....

Anyway, this project started in late January.  Both Mark and I are
graudating seniors, so we've been busy making sure we graduate and
bowl at least once per week.  An optimistic release date, probably
with bugs, will be in two weeks (Finals?  Who needs to study for
finals?).

						-Scott
--
               Scott Fritchie, Systems Programmer and Postmaster
                 St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN  55057  USA

bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) (05/06/90)

fritchie@sachiko.acc.stolaf.edu (Scott Fritchie; ACC @ St. Olaf College) writes:
> In article <100@nic.acc.stolaf.edu> hopp@stolaf..stolaf.edu (Eric D. Hopp) writes:
>    Scott Fritchie and Mark Henning (fritchie@stolaf.edu &
>    henning@stolaf.edu) are working on a port of GNU Emacs.  I've been
>    swamped, or I would have actually seen what they have running so far,
>    and could tell you something about it.

> Well, things are mostly done.  I'm thinking this weekend we'll
> actually try to link the entire thing, which will take a *long* time.
> We've been thinking of moving everything down to our friendly Amiga
> store to compile on an A3000 (evil grin...).  There's little hope that
> it will work after we find all the functions we forgot to include or
> not include, but theoretically it ought to.

Don't forget to type "stack 1000000" before you try running it!

-Miles