[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A1000 and AmigaDos 2.0

jrn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (James R. Norton) (05/05/90)

Hi everyone!

Just wondering,  is it technically possible that somebody could make a
hardware device or something that would allow the A1000 to run
AmigaDos 2.0?

Also,  What are everyone opinion of the evolution or extinction of the A1000?

I will summarize if interest is shown.

|     University of Wisconsin   |   James R. Norton      jrn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu |
|            Milwaukee          | CSD Unix Consultant                         |

duncan@cmsfl@labtam.oz (Duncan Goode) (05/07/90)

In article <3799@uwm.edu>, jrn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (James R. Norton) writes:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Just wondering,  is it technically possible that somebody could make a
> hardware device or something that would allow the A1000 to run
> AmigaDos 2.0?

	The 1000 is dead! everyone says. Commodore will not support 2.0 on the
	1000. What do we 1000 owners do???

	Fortunatly as per usual Commodore (Ever heard this before ????)
	is saved by a third party developer (The name of which evades me at
	the moment) who has designed and about to sell a drop in replacement
	mother board for the 1000.
	The Pheonix Board is developed by a smallish company in Adelaide (SA)
	and includes many features.
			*) ECS full support
			*) Provision for 3 kickstart roms, i.e. 1.2, 1.3, 2.0
			   and including provision internal kickstart EPROMS
			*) 1 meg on board (Chip!)
			*) Up to 2 meg of switchable ram on board
			*) 1 B2000 style video slot
			*) 1 2000 normal slot
			   allows for a multi-slot backplane if fitted in
			   a larger case
			*) internal drive conector that allows internal
			   fitting of df1: 2: etc (if fitted  in a
			   larger case)
			*) Drive swap switch (allows booting off any drive)
			*) audio filter (a500/2000 type)
			*) Provision for scsi port
			*) internal real time clock/calendar
			*) space for a 68881
			*) Up to 2 meg of switchable ram on board
			*) Up to 10 meg of internal, switchable autoconfig
			   Ram using 8meg daughterboard
			?) kickstart in ram (if disk inserted)
			?) Support 020 & 030's and 32 bit RAM/ROM
	The board will work with most Australian made and overseas memory
	boards and all chips have been kept in the approx same place. All
	chips are included ( though most chips are re-cycled from YOUR old
	motherboard ) and all this for around AUS$600-700.

	Ah i remember.....

	The name of the company is Phoenix Micro Technologies Pty. Ltd.
	and they can be contacted by mailing to:

		Phoenix Micro Technologies
		P.O. Box 41
		Goodwood
		South Australia 5034
		Australia

  N.B.  I do not know what the plans are for O.S. and if whey will market
	it for NTSC, but if your interested write and find out.

	This information may be a little out of date i.e. price, and a few of
	the maybe items (?) may not be included (Due to cost)
--

  |Post:  C/- Coles Myer Ltd, PO Box 2000 Tooronga 3146, Australia|