[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Disk exerciser/bad block mapper

guineau@wjg.enet.dec.com (05/08/90)

find bad spots, then map them out some how?

I have an A2500 with A2090(a). One partition on the disk has a bad
spot somewhere. I used DiskSalv to get all the files off it and then did an
AmigaDOS FORMAT which returned with a (very informative) error:

	Error during Formatting

I'd like to get some utility to find and map out bad spots to save me
from backing up the rest of the 100MB's on the physical disk to do a
SCSI level format...

---
W. John Guineau   			guineau@wjg.enet.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation
Marlboro MA. 01752

bbaker@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Baker) (05/09/90)

In article <11343@shlump.nac.dec.com> guineau@wjg.enet.dec.com writes:

> find bad spots, then map them out some how?
>
> I have an A2500 with A2090(a). One partition on the disk has a bad
> spot somewhere. I used DiskSalv to get all the files off it and then did an
> AmigaDOS FORMAT which returned with a (very informative) error:
>
> 	Error during Formatting
>
> I'd like to get some utility to find and map out bad spots to save me
> from backing up the rest of the 100MB's on the physical disk to do a
> SCSI level format...

 Free Spirit Software has just released a new utility called
 Doctor Ami...   which includes features like what you mentioned.

 Retail price is $49.95 I believe.

 -Bob