[comp.sys.amiga.tech] CON: <==> RAW: ... How?!?

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (05/25/90)

>One problem I have been trying to solve since I got my Amiga
>is how to get a window into raw mode WITHOUT opening a new
>window.  I read in my AmigaDOS manual that there was an
>"action packet type" which would do this, new to 1.2, but
>after an afternoon fighting with it (since I have little
>idea about packets, nor to where I was sending them), all I
>managed to do was give gomf a workout :-) .  I
>was also told that there was a library routine in 1.3 that
>would do this, but not having 1.3 includes, I couldn't
>really go hunting for it.  How can this be done???
>
>If possible, send C or assembly source.
>Thanks in advance... JA.
The Manx C compiler has a function call to do this.

If you don't have Manx, check out the source to UUCP. There is a routine
for the anews code that does this.

>  //\|_||\|	John D. Aycock		aycock@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
>\/ \/| || |	(403) 285-8727          john@blarg.enme.ucalgary.ca

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey	 |  In Texas: {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group | The World: dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (amdahl!dwl10)
      Houston, TX	 |

aycock@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (John Aycock) (05/26/90)

In article <1990May25.205849.9311@calgary.uucp> aycock@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (John Aycock) writes:
>One problem I have been trying to solve since I got my Amiga
>is how to get a window into raw mode WITHOUT opening a new
>window.  I read in my AmigaDOS manual that there was an
>"action packet type" which would do this, new to 1.2, but

	It's on _some_ fish disk.  It's called cookedio (or cooked.shar, or
some such), by chuck mcmanis.

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"