[net.micro] ZCPR2 Release

rconn@BRL (12/31/82)

From:      Rick Conn <rconn@BRL>

        The release of ZCPR2 is more-or-less on schedule.  Two of
the four manuals are virtually finished, and some bugs have shown
up in some of the utilities, but I think they will  be  ready  by
the 10 Jan release date.

        As scheduled, today is the release of drafts to the  ARPA
Net.   I will try to upload the drafts of the Concepts Manual and
the Installation Manual to MIT-MC tonight.  I  will  send  out  a
message  when they are there.  The only hitch I can see right now
revolves around TCP conversion.

        The following is a summary of what will be uploaded.   At
the  time  of the upload announcement, I will also send a summary
(rather long) to INFO-CPM.

ZCPR2 Concepts and Installation Manuals
        First Draft Release

        The Squeezed Forms will have  been  uploaded  to  MIT-MC.
They  will  be  stored  in the CPM directory, and their names are
Z2CON and Z2INS with types of WQ and WQH (i.e., Z2CON WQ  is  one
manual).

        The Concepts Manual is over 60 pages long.
        The Installation Manual is over 27 pages long.

Files:

    1 File: Z2CON   .WQ  -- Size:    72K -- CRC: 00 37
        Comment: Squeezed Concepts Manual
    2 File: Z2CON   .WQH -- Size:     8K -- CRC: 0E 37
        Comment: Squeezed Concepts Table of Contents and Foreword
    3 File: Z2CON   .WS  -- Size:   112K -- CRC: 62 6F
        Comment: Concepts Manual (WordStar Format)
    4 File: Z2CON   .WSH -- Size:     8K -- CRC: 4F B4
        Comment: Concepts Manual Table of Contents and Foreword
    5 File: Z2INS   .WQ  -- Size:    32K -- CRC: BF 97
        Comment: Squeezed Installation Manual
    6 File: Z2INS   .WQH -- Size:     4K -- CRC: D2 46
        Comment: Squeezed Ins Manual Table of Contents and Foreword
    7 File: Z2INS   .WS  -- Size:    52K -- CRC: 2F 2F
        Comment: Installation Manual (WordStar Format)
    8 File: Z2INS   .WSH -- Size:     8K -- CRC: 02 F5
        Comment: Installation Manual Table of Contents and Foreword
++     8 Files Checked ++

        Rick

POURNE@mit-mc.arpa (02/10/83)

From:  Jerry E. Pournelle <POURNE@mit-mc.arpa>

	I'm looking forward to getting this; is it still
available?  Alas, the net is so flakey that I cannot download
anything just yet, but perhaps things will improve.

Jerry Pournelle

    Date: 31 Dec 82 12:19:00-EST (Fri)
    From: Rick Conn <rconn at BRL>
    To:   info-cpm at BRL
    cc:   info-micro at BRL
    Re:   ZCPR2 Release

rconn@brl.arpa (02/10/83)

From:      Rick Conn <rconn@brl.arpa>

	Thanks for your interest, Jerry.

	ZCPR2 Version 2.0, Mod 0.1 (sorry about the mod -- can't have
everything) was released at 10PM Friday Eve, 4 Mar, right after my talk
on ZCPR2 to the Amateur Computer Group of NJ.  I'll drop a note to the
ARPA Net (INFO-CPM) tonight with details.

		Rick

jim (02/14/83)

At the risk of being inundated with mail:

What is ZCPR2?

Is it a Z-80 Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation program, version 2?

Please, when you announce the availability of something, let us know
what it is.  We aren't all psychic.

rconn@brl.arpa (02/16/83)

From:      Rick Conn <rconn@brl.arpa>

	ZCPR2 stands for Z80 Command Processor Replacement, Version 2.
It is a replacement for the CP/M 2.2 CCP which can run on Z80-based systems.
There has been a large number of 1000+ character messages about it over
the past few months, and it is now released and available in the public domain.
Future announcements on availability and details will be posted to INFO-CPM,
not INFO-MICRO, so you should send a request to INFO-CPM-REQUEST@BRL if
you want to keep posted.

		Rick