[comp.sys.amiga.tech] games

wihae@whmod.UUCP (Wilfried Haering) (05/31/90)

In article <17866@ultima.cs.uts.oz>  vilkas@ultima.cs.uts.oz (Iron Wolf)
writes:

> Now...if you have a DMA SCSI HD you need a buffer in CHIP ram...am I corect?
> (I am not real sure but I assume this is true).

This is wrong!

It only depends on the FAST ram's ability to DMA.  Nearly all
ram expansions are able to DMA.  Even most 32 bit ram expansions for
turboboards can do fine!  So no CHIP ram will be used for buffers when FAST
ram is available!

One board I know that doesn't has DMAble FAST ram and where CHIP ram for
SCSI-DMA must be used is the Hurricane 020/030 board!

The Amiga is a true game machine.  But only a few games support
multitasking, the superior feature of Amiga-OS!  Please, dear game
designer try to fit your game to Amiga-OS.

--
Best reguards,

Wilfried

    Wilfried Haering, Bierstadter Hoehe 66, D6200 Wiesbaden, West-Germany
    ...!{cbmvax|nccnet}!cbmehq!cbmger!whmod!wihae