[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Blitter Minterms

brett@pigpen (Brett S Bourbin) (08/05/88)

I am in the process of converting my program from doing direct screen
updates, to using the Blitter to do it.  So far the ones I have converted
are the parts that do straight moves, a minterm of $F0 meaning a direct
move from SOURCE A to DEST D.

Since the Blitter has three channels and one destination, can I do some
math on the dest? ie. Could I make a minterm to OR sources A, B and C
into the destination address D?

Thanks in advance.

- Brett
 __  __   _  __  _
|  ||  | / ||  || \   Brett S Bourbin
|  ||  ||  ||  ||  |  INTERNET: brett@PIGPEN.UMD.EDU
|  ||  ||  ||  ||  |
 \_||_/ |__||__||__|  Instructional Computing Programs
     College Park

haitex@pnet01.cts.com (Wade Bickel) (08/05/88)

   ---  Yes.  :^)

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!haitex
ARPA: crash!pnet01!haitex@nosc.mil
INET: haitex@pnet01.CTS.COM

koster@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Herbert West) (08/09/88)

In article <2965@umd5.umd.edu> brett@pigpen.UMD.EDU (Brett S Bourbin) writes:
>Since the Blitter has three channels and one destination, can I do some
>math on the dest? ie. Could I make a minterm to OR sources A, B and C
>into the destination address D?

Certainly! It would be $FE. Look at it like this:
The blitter is a table look up device. Sources A,B, and C have values of
4,2 and 1 respectively. They form a 3 bit binary number, with A as the most
significant digit: ABC

Now just make up 8 bits for what you want its output to be, given all possible
ABC combinations(only 8)

000    We want 0
001    1
010    1
011    1
100    1
101    1
110    1
111    1

Now put the bits together sideways: 11111110 = minterm, $FE

wille@frith.msu.edu (Jeffrey Wille) (05/31/90)

I don't have the RKM's, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a simple
question.  When using the blitter routines, a set of minterms is
required.  I am familiar with boolean algebra, but I was wondering
just exactly how you generate the number that corresponds to a set
of minterms.

				Robert Wille (rbw@spock.byu.edu)

You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his attitude on
the continuing viability of Fortran.
		-- Alan Perlis