[comp.sys.amiga.tech] What's up with TCL??

randy@bcsaic.UUCP (Randy Groves) (05/31/90)

A while back there was a lot of interest/discussion of TCL.  For a long
time nothing.  Did a version for the Amiga ever get created??

Thanks much.

--
-randy groves - Boeing Advanced Technology Center
UUCP:	   ..!uw-beaver!bcsaic!randy          USNail: Boeing Computer Services

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (06/02/90)

In <25527@bcsaic.UUCP> randy@bcsaic.UUCP (Randy Groves) writes:
>A while back there was a lot of interest/discussion of TCL.  For a long
>time nothing.  Did a version for the Amiga ever get created??

Yeah, I did it.  I posted an alpha release to alt.sources.amiga several weeks
ago.

Tcl runs on the Amiga as a shared library; programs that call it get all of
Tcl, plus Amiga-specific extensions to support intertask communications
(all executing Tcl programs can send and receive Tcl commands to/from all
other executing Tcl programs), windows, menus and proportional, string and
boolean gadgets.

One thing of note is that any use of Tcl, including commercial, is permitted
without fee.

A beta release will be ready Real Soon Now.  Many bugs have been fixed and
improvements have been made.

I also have versions of my SMUS and MIDI file players and recorders working
with Tcl interfaces, plus an ILBM viewer.  It's enough to sort of do
multimedia.  ...haven't decided what to do with this part of it, though.
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl
-- Usenet access: (713) 438-5018