[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A command ...

donw@zehntel (Don White) (06/02/90)

*To: myb100@csc.anu.oz
*Subject: Re: Deleting files from within C ?

*In article <2136.265c6de6@csc.anu.oz> you write:
*>
*>G'day y'all
*>
*>         I want to ask what is probably an easy question for all you great,
*>highly informed techies out there :-) (butter 'em up and then hit 'em :-) ):
*>
*>      How does one delete files on (say) the RAM: disc from *within* a

     I think most compilers use the unix style 'System' command.

     ex.
          char mystring[] = "delete foo";
          System(mystring); /* execute command as if it was typed in */

     Hope this helps ...

--
*    Don White                          *
*    Box 271177 Concord, CA. 94527-1177 * <The patented Don White mini-sig>

S.J.Raybould@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Simon Raybould) (06/06/90)

In article <5004@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel (Don White) writes:

>*To: myb100@csc.anu.oz
>*Subject: Re: Deleting files from within C ?
>
>*In article <2136.265c6de6@csc.anu.oz> you write:
>*>
>*>G'day y'all
>*>
>*>         I want to ask what is probably an easy question for all you great,
>*>highly informed techies out there :-) (butter 'em up and then hit 'em :-) ):
>*>
>*>      How does one delete files on (say) the RAM: disc from *within* a
>
>     I think most compilers use the unix style 'System' command.
>
>     ex.
>          char mystring[] = "delete foo";
>          System(mystring); /* execute command as if it was typed in */

Whats wrong with

	unlink("foo");

SJR