[comp.sys.amiga.tech] DICE bug #umpteen found

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) (06/08/90)

        I found an interesting little bug yesterday after I installed DICE on
my system. I compiled my regular torture testing programs with DICE and it
failed. What happened was in one program I was compiling (my own linker
library) das reported about a dozen illegal 68000 commands one of which was a
command for:
        move.0 ....

        Now, Mr. Dillon, is this a new op-code we haven't heard of yet? :-)
Travers "T'aran" Naran (I am male)
Simon Fraser University, Computing Science
Whovian, Prober, Treker, Quantum Leaper....
Mailing addresses:
   Usenet  Travers_Naran@mindlink.UUCP
or      uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Travers_Naran

dillon@overload.UUCP (Matthew Dillon) (06/11/90)

>In article <2043@mindlink.UUCP> a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) writes:
>
>	 I found an interesting little bug yesterday after I installed DICE on
>my system. I compiled my regular torture testing programs with DICE and it
>failed. What happened was in one program I was compiling (my own linker
>library) das reported about a dozen illegal 68000 commands one of which was a
>command for:
>	 move.0 ....
>
>	 Now, Mr. Dillon, is this a new op-code we haven't heard of yet? :-)

    That's what happens when 0-length integers (i.e. VOIDs) get passed to
    the code generator (they are supposed to be deleted before then).

    If you can isolate the problem into a small example and email it to me
    I'd much appreciate it!  I expect a second shareware release in a month
    or less (I hope Tad gets the first release posted to you guys soon!)

					-Matt

--

    Matthew Dillon	    uunet.uu.net!overload!dillon
    891 Regal Rd.