[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Ansi control sequences in CON: & NEWCON:

d88-mbe@sm.luth.se (Michael Bergman) (06/13/90)

Hello, everyone.

The AmigaANSI terminal control sequences continue to give me trouble.

I have been looking for them in all the docs I have (except the RKM:s because
I don't have then with me right now :-( but I found nothing that described
them all like I want them. Sure, I know that *E[1m changes attributes,
*E[xx;yyH is absolute cursor positioning and so on.
But what I'd like is a complete table of *all* the control sequences available
in CON:, NEWCON:, CONMAN: and RAW:. (decimal ASCII values for everything too!)

Something like this:

Cursor positioning    ESC+[xx;yyH
Bold on               ESC+[1m
Cursor up             ESC+[nA
Cursor down           ESC+[nD
Delete line           ESC+[nM
Form feed             ^L
Line feed             ^J
Carriage return       ^M

(Where n stands for a dec. number in ASCII form)

Has someone produced such a table or know how I can get all the info??
Note that I want *all* of it - CON:, NEWCON:, CONMAN: and RAW:.
I've also tried using Kent Polks (kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu) Amiga termcap 1.2
with Fterms in DNet 2.10, but it doesn't work at all. Anyone else had any luck?
I'm planning to find out what's wrong and write a termcap that works with DNet
2.10 run under UNIX.

Mike

--
      Michael Bergman         Internet: d88-mbe@sm.luth.se
  //  Undergrad. Comp. Eng.   BITNET:   d88-mbe%sm.luth.se@kth.se

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (06/13/90)

In article <1005@tau.sm.luth.se> Michael Bergman <d88-mbe@sm.luth.se> writes:

>Hello, everyone.
>
>The AmigaANSI terminal control sequences continue to give me trouble.
>
>Has someone produced such a table or know how I can get all the info??

RKM's or The AmigaDos Manual have this stuff. That's where I got it.

>I've also tried using Kent Polks (kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu) Amiga termcap 1.2
>with Fterms in DNet 2.10, but it doesn't work at all. Anyone else had any luck?
>I'm planning to find out what's wrong and write a termcap that works with DNet
>2.10 run under UNIX.

I suspect that you aren't setting up your termcap properly. Is this a bsd
system?

BTW, the Berkeley folks recently contacted me about putting my termcap
in the Berkeley distribution. They did recommend one change which I
implemented. I also added a couple of other very minor additions which
were suggested elsewhere. I've been running the new version for about 3
weeks now with no problems (really there was nothing which actually
changed terminal behavior - just for consistency), so I suspect I ought
to post it to sources.

If you are having problems, please contact me. One handy way to check
things out is to find a bsd version of SysV tput.

>Mike
>
>--
>      Michael Bergman         Internet: d88-mbe@sm.luth.se
>  //  Undergrad. Comp. Eng.   BITNET:   d88-mbe%sm.luth.se@kth.se
>\X/   U of Lulea, SWEDEN      ARPA:     d88-mbe%sm.luth.se@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
>			      UUCP:  {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sm.luth.se!d88-mbe

Kent Polk - Southwest Research Institute - kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
         "Life's too short to have to do this on a I*M-PC"