[comp.sys.amiga.tech] accents in PageStream V1.8?

hensberg@fwi.uva.nl (Mark Hensbergen) (06/15/90)

At the moment I want to import Word Perfect 4.1 docu-
ments in PageStream V1.8. Everything works fine ex-
cept for all the accents. I think it is because of
one (of the many) bugs in WP. What I did was marking
all the places were I use accents (or other strange
symbols for safety) with '**'.
	My question now is: "How do I enter accents
in PageStream manually?". I couldn't find how to do it.
I thought it was by typing in the accent first and
then typing the letter (e.g. "e), but this didn't work.

	Thanks in advance,

		Mark Hensbergen
		student in Computer Science
		University of Amsterdam.
		The netherlands

email: hensberg@fwi.uva.nl
my other computer is a 6502-based ORIC-1 !!!

blatter@ifi.unizh.ch (Martin Blatter) (06/15/90)

In article <1070@carol.fwi.uva.nl> hensberg@fwi.uva.nl (Mark Hensbergen) writes:
[stuff deleted]]
>	My question now is: "How do I enter accents
>in PageStream manually?". I couldn't find how to do it.
>I thought it was by typing in the accent first and
>then typing the letter (e.g. "e), but this didn't work.

This should work without any problems. I have a Swiss keyboard on which
there are some 'deadkeys' that can be used before typing the desired
character. Deadkeys should be present on other keyboards too. If you
use "KeyToy2000" on the Extras Disk you can see them marked with colour
red. Be sure to use these key combination when trying to enter accents.

Within PageStream there's also another method of typing in composite
characters: Press CTRL-C and then the desired character followed by
the desired accent (e.g. CTRL-C a^). See your manual in the reference
section!

>		Mark Hensbergen

					--Martin

         ///    Martin A. Blatter
        ///     University of Zurich, department of Computer Science
       ///      Switzerland (Europe)
   \\\///       E-Mail: blatter@ifi.unizh.ch
			          "A day without sunshine is like night"
 "There's a light where the darkness ends" (Taupin)