[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Amiga 4000

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (06/25/90)

> dougp@voodoo.ucsb.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <5863@hub.ucsb.edu>
>
> Org.  : UC, Santa Barbara. Physics Computer Services
>
> Don't forget, those 32 bit chips must include a hardware zoom, hardware
> rotate, and an infinit number of 256 color sprites. We can't have a
> hand held game like the Lynx out doing the Amiga with nicer blitter
> hardware now can we B->
> It also must have a laser disk turntable, capable of playing anything
> from a 3 inch CD rom, to a 12 inch laser disk movie. Oh, and don't
> forget a broadcast quality genlock with chroma key, and 10 midi ports,
> and SCSI-II, and and.....
>
> Douglas Peale

Oh, I almost forgot, it should portable, preferably handheld, and come with a
foldable 26" RGB monitor. The whole thing must fit in my napsack so I can take
it on camping trips and run it off a miniature waterwheel suspended in a stream
(waterwheel optional).
-Ron Tarrant

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (07/03/90)

Sure, it's possible to add all those things.  But who want's to spend
$10,000 for a "home computer".

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

zeno@milton.u.washington.edu (no such thing as a point) (07/03/90)

In article <1146@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
>Sure, it's possible to add all those things.  But who want's to spend
>$10,000 for a "home computer".

Why Not?  IBM tried to do it, and with
lesser powered equipment.
--
|      Sean T. Lamont          |                                         |
|University of Washington      |  "Wave upon wave of demented avengers   |