[comp.sys.amiga.tech] BridgeBoard->Amiga data transfer

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (07/13/90)

I have heard rumors as to the existence of software which will allow an
Amiga to read PC-Bridgeboard memory directly. If you can confirm and point
me in the correct direction to obtain such information, I sure would
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kent Polk: Southwest Research Institute (512) 522-2882
Internet : kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
UUCP     : $ {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro, sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent

In article <27191@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:
>I have heard rumors as to the existence of software which will allow an
>Amiga to read PC-Bridgeboard memory directly. If you can confirm and point
>me in the correct direction to obtain such information, I sure would
>appreciate it.

You can only read that PC memory directly from the Amiga side that is
part of the 256 KB dual-ported RAM. So there are addresses for the video
memories (text/CGA, Byte/word/graphics access) and to some I/O space.
The normal RAM isn't accessible directly, though one can imagine software
using Janus library calls (on both sides) to do this.
To access this from the Amiga side you need to know the board's basis
address it got during auftoconfig. You get it using FindConfDev. All
this is documented in the Tech Ref Manual for the Amiga available from CATS.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk