[comp.sys.amiga.tech] SKsh

In article <13920017@hpfelg.HP.COM> koren@hpfelg.HP.COM (Steve Koren) writes:
> That has been in there since the beginning.  Try it; it works.  However,
> SKsh (the new name) and ksh both recommend the $( ) syntax, for a few
> reasons:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Can you use it to unshar a sharchive?
--
Peter "Have you hugged your wolf today" da Silva <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>
`-_-'

vu0235@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (vu0235) (07/14/90)

This article is about a question I have on SKsh, Steve Koren's shell.
Before I say what my question is, here is some information about my
configuration:  1) I have version 1.3 of SKsh, 2) I start SKsh with
'newcli from cliksh window "con:0/0/640/400/Sksh_Window"'.  cliksh is the
file I use to set up Sksh and it is listed below:
		Prompt "%N.%S> "
		stack 16000
		sksh
Additionally, I use the .skshinit and .skshrc files provided with the program,
with some additional aliases and additions to the path in .skshrc.

Ok, here is my question:  When I try to execute an AmigaDOS script, the
script will not execute until I give Sksh the exit command, then since I
have not set LOGOUT='endcli', control is returned to the CLI and then the
script executes, i.e, what happens is that when I try to execute the script,
all that happens is that I get back the Sksh prompt and I can just go on
and do whatever I want, but when I exit, suddenly the script executes.
I have tried two different scripts including one that just echoed
a sentence.  I have set the script bit and put the line ;!c:execute at the
beginning of the script as specified by the documentation.  Also, I have
tried the source command and the execute command directly but the result
is always the same.  Any help that can be given is appreciated.

					Christopher H. Schuck

--
Christopher H. Schuck                                                //
Dept. of Math. Sci., SUNY-Binghamton, Binghamton, NY 13901       \\ //