[comp.sys.amiga.tech] C post increment

sjk@ut-emx.UUCP (bob) (07/17/90)

I am thinking about undertaking a major programming project and the
more I read about C++, the more it seems to be well-suited for the
job.  My question then is how is the Lattice C++ compiler?  How
compatible is it with C++ running on other systems? My work will
need to be ported to other machines (VAX, SUN, PeeCee.)  And last,
how does the speed of execution compare to a similar code written in
standard C?

Thanks; any input is much appreciated,

Scot
sjk@astro.as.utexas.edu
sjk@emx.utexas.eu

-Yow!

In <1990Jul18.020220.9502@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>, dailey@kira.uucp (Chris Dailey) writes:
>More importantly, how do you say it?  I've heard some people say "C
>incremented", but I always say "C plus plus".

I can hardly waiyt for other object oriented programming languages:

  ADD ONE TO COBOL
  LET BASIC = BASIC + 1
  FORTH 1 +
  INC Modula-2
  (+ LISP 1)
  addq.l  #1,assembler

-larry

--
The raytracer of justice recurses slowly, but it renders exceedingly fine.

dailey@kira.uucp (Chris Dailey) (07/18/90)

More importantly, how do you say it?  I've heard some people say "C
incremented", but I always say "C plus plus".

Anyway, as far as I know it is based on AT&T's cfront, and there has
been some dispute as to whether it is based on cfront 1.1a or 1.2.  At
any rate, it would have some compatibility with other platforms.
--
  /~\  Chris Dailey   (CPS Undergrad, SOC Lab Coord, AMIG user group Secretary)
 C oo  dailey@(cpsin1.cps|frith.egr).msu.edu         (make WP5.1 for the Amiga)

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (07/18/90)

In article <1990Jul18.020220.9502@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> dailey@kira.uucp (Chris Dailey) writes:
>More importantly, how do you say it?  I've heard some people say "C
>incremented", but I always say "C plus plus".

Common usage says "C plus plus" (although I think that this sounds stupid.)
I prefer "C increment".  The first article I ever read on C++ said
"C increment", all others have said "C plus plus", or punted and only
used the literal "C++".

Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky

duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) (07/18/90)

From article <13271@cbmvax.commodore.com>, by ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS):
> In article <1990Jul18.020220.9502@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> dailey@kira.uucp (Chris Dailey) writes:
>>More importantly, how do you say it?  I've heard some people say "C
>>incremented", but I always say "C plus plus".
>
> Common usage says "C plus plus" (although I think that this sounds stupid.)
> I prefer "C increment".  The first article I ever read on C++ said
> "C increment", all others have said "C plus plus", or punted and only
> used the literal "C++".
>
> --
> --
> Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
> uucp: ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
> bix:  kfarinsky

What about C more as in Semour (or however you spell the
person's name).